In an effort to encourage compliance, the CGRU has implemented a fine structure relating to the operation of safe and effective rugby. Having a responsible Match Secretary who can follow processes will help your club avoid any penalties.
- No attendance at a mandatory union meeting: $100
- No approved medical staff on the sidelines for the entirety of a match: $100 and forfeit
- Field improperly marked, no goal post padding, no restraining ropes, improper kit: $25 each
- Game-related improper CIPP/Team sheet: First offense, $50, Additional offenses, $100
- Incorrect match report by Sunday: First offense, $50, Additional offenses, $100
- League match forfeit with notice and game played: No fine, loss of one point
- League match forfeit with notice and no game: No fine, loss of two points
- League match forfeit with no notice and no game: $200 fine and loss of three points
- Forfeiting a playoff match: $300 and ineligible for playoffs the following year
Referee expenses to be paid for any cancellations without notice. Cancellations may be forced by referee for non-compliance relating to pitch or medical.