The Carolina Rugby Union is launching a Men’s High Performance 7s program with its eye to compete in the Las Vegas Invitational on March 1st. There will be three open development session starting December 15th in Charlotte and then three training sessions on Sundays in February in preparation for Las Vegas Invitational for those selected.
Assemblies will be geographically dispersed to ensure all players across the Carolinas have the opportunity to attend and be seen by the coaching staff. All players in the union are encouraged to attend.
All of the assemblies are free of charge and open to ALL men in the Carolinas ages 18+.
UPCOMING DEVELOPMENT CAMP DATES
Training for LVI Squad - Sunday February 3rd, 17th, 24th 1 pm to 4 pm
February 17th we will train and scrimmage with another team that will be competing in the LVI.
The Carolinas High Performance 7s program will focus on the following:
- Developing athlete’s technical, tactical, physical, mental, and lifestyle capabilities
- Delivering a variety of different game formats to support player development
- Widen and improve the talent base for 7s in the Carolinas
- Support the delivery of talented and educated players into more clubs therefore impacting on the future quality of the men’s domestic 7s game
- Representing the Carolinas at the highest-level competition in various tournaments throughout the year
- Creating the right culture for success
The players selected will be responsible for their own plane flights, and food while in Las Vegas.
To keep up to date on the program, please Join our Facebook group.
Head Coach - JK Anderson (Charlotte Men's and Women's 7s Head Coach)
Assistant Coach - Ruan Swart
Athletic Trainer / Physio - Vacant
Team Manager - Robert Bortins
Please email Robert Bortins if interested in this position of any of the other vacant positions.