USA Rugby sets minimum eligibility standards that your team must adhere to during all competitive matches. It is your responsibility to review these regulations periodically and ensure that your team is in compliance at all times. For the Fifteens Competition Season, any club that does not have 15 active players registered (i.e. CIPP) on the club roster for scheduled league matches or does not have a coach listed, in compliance with USA Eligibility Rules, will forfeit the match.
All players, administrators, coaches are expected to be aware and comply with USA Eligibility Regulations. All teams are expected to retain a copy of all CIPP waivers signed by all active participants.
In order to practice and/or compete in any CGRU rugby-related competition, the following registration conditions must be met:
- The club must have a current, paid registration with USA Rugby for the appropriate gender and level of play. Club registration can be confirmed with the presence of a primary contact on a club’s public roster.
- Fifteen players must appear on the public roster prior to participation in fifteen-a-side rugby, twelve prior to participation in seven-a-side rugby. All players must have a current, paid registration with USA Rugby and appear on their club’s online roster as a player for the current registration period. Check your club roster and individual registration status via the membership portal.
- Each club must have a USA Rugby certified coach with a current, paid registration affiliated to the club. An ‘active’ coaching status on the public roster conveys certification and only active coaches will appear on the public roster. If you already have a paid registration for the current season but would like to add additional roles and levels, you may complete the multiple role form.
- All clubs and individuals must follow all USA Rugby Eligibility Regulations as well as all CGRU regulations and procedures.
- The CGRU will determine a club's competitive division based on the current promotion and relegation policy.
- Good Standing: a Club must be in good standing with the CGRU and USA Rugby. Good standing implies that the club has no outstanding disciplinary actions, dues, fines, assessments, and/or other debts to the CGRU, and USA Rugby.
The CGRU handles all matters of player eligibility and follows the USA Rugby Eligibility Guidelines: (https://www.usa.rugby/membership/eligibility/).